What follows here are just my thoughts and words. No fact checking, no spell checking, no promises of great insight or good grammar. Just me dumping the words in my head to words on the screen. Bear with me... sometimes it's a bumpy ride.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Real Meaning of Couch Surfing

It took us a while, but we finally found a couch!

For a week or so, we had big empty living room (and by big, I mean small, but still, it was essentially empty....)
We then, thanks to a brilliant suggestion by a mainlander (thank you, Anna!), transitioned to some fine albeit temporary seating. (I added the throw blankets for the more panache, less beachy, feel.)
But now.... after much searching (soul, web, store).... we have taken delivery of a lovely little sofa.  Amen to that!

I'd say we are coming ever closer to having guests!!  Witness our friend, Tom, here who actually braved an evening with us before we even had the presence of mind to break out the beach chairs!  Not that you can tell in this picture, but we are dining on some very fine Chinet paper plates.  Okay, so we are still on the hunt for dinnerware.  And glasses.  ...and nightstands.  ...and lamps.  .... and a chest of drawers  ...and seat cushions. ......

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to visit you in paradise and try out the couch! It is cold (at least my California standards) here on the homeland ...

    Jim

    ReplyDelete