What follows here are just my thoughts and words. No fact checking, no spell checking, no promises of great insight or good grammar. Just me dumping the words in my head to words on the screen. Bear with me... sometimes it's a bumpy ride.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Things are Slowly Taking Shape

We hung our first picture last night.  It was tough putting a hole in the pristine walls that Michael had worked so hard to prep and paint only two weeks ago.  But this wasn't our first hole.... noooooo. 

We decided that the kitchen cabinets, heretofore unsullied with any kind of handle-type hardware, needed knobs for easier access (and less dirty marks).  So I measured and marked where holes should be drilled.  Michael drilled & inserted knobs in 3 of the 7 bottom cabinets.  He then pointed out that I had missed marking a cabinet.  Righty-o.  I get my template, make my mark, and he drills his hole.  Only to then realize it was the wrong side of the cabinet (I had, in fact, marked the correct side....).  Oops.

 Okay, no worries.  He can spackle and touch that up.  4 more cabinets later, we step back and admire our handywork.  Looks awful.  We positioned them in a bad location on the doors (too far down.... good height if we wanted to teach the dogs to pull the doors open with their teeth).  What were we thinking?  Okay... out they all come, on goes more spackle.  Just a little carefully applied paint will hide those little blemishes, no problem. 

Now for the top cabinets. Again, I mark, he drills.  Again, I miss one or two.  I re-mark.  And - oh yes, you guessed it - again we mark and drill the wrong side of the cabinet.  Really?  Really.  Apparently, two people in a haze of idiot moving stupor should not be permitted to handle a drill without the supervision of someone with a fully functioning brain.

Maybe now you see why we are a little reluctant to hang our pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment