What follows here are just my thoughts and words. No fact checking, no spell checking, no promises of great insight or good grammar. Just me dumping the words in my head to words on the screen. Bear with me... sometimes it's a bumpy ride.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Is It a Bird? Is it a Dog?

Hold on to your eggs, Petaluma.  This is a 100% certified, bonafide, spectacular and - need I even say it - uproariously hysterical - FANCY CHICKEN from the Maui County Fair.  That's his technical name, seriously.  I would have expected something more regal and erudite... like Afghanus Cluckus, or Aussieodipus Poultraneous.   Or at least a nickname, like Rod Stewster.

Being from Petaluma, I naturally thought I knew from chickens.  But noooooo!  You have not really seen a chicken until you've seen this preening, self-fluffing little beauty  Oh yes, he does his own coiffure.  Believe it or not, there was not a hairdryer in sight.  And I watched him shiver and flap and run his beak hither and yon  until he was, well,...  presentable just so.

This and a little food coloring, and I think I now know where Peeps come from.

1 comment: