What follows here are just my thoughts and words. No fact checking, no spell checking, no promises of great insight or good grammar. Just me dumping the words in my head to words on the screen. Bear with me... sometimes it's a bumpy ride.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Orchid Schmorchid.....

I dragged Michael fairly kicking and screaming to the far end of the auditorium where the orchids were on display at the fair.  "I don't really get orchids" he said.  "They just don't do anything for me."  I sort of agreed, but hey, we were in the hall, let's mosey on down and take a gander just the same.

Then we rounded a corner and came upon these...



They're called Vandas.

We were smitten at first sight.  (Well, sure, who doesn't love a prize winning, spectacularly beautious, stunning orchid?)

And we thought "Ho!  We should grow some of these!"

Then we found out that they take upwards of 20-30 years to look like this.

Ha!  I can barely stand to wait for the coffee maker to finish brewing coffee in the morning.  

Clearly, Vandas will not be featured on our lana'i anytime soon.  Nor 20 years down the line.






No comments:

Post a Comment