What follows here are just my thoughts and words. No fact checking, no spell checking, no promises of great insight or good grammar. Just me dumping the words in my head to words on the screen. Bear with me... sometimes it's a bumpy ride.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

No Laughing Matter...

All glibness aside... turns out Kona was (is?) actually quite sick. 

She spent all night Thursday night throwing up- almost every 1/2 hour-45 minutes like clockwork.  And she had awful diarrhea, or tried to go but nothing would come.  So neither one of us got much sleep...

I got her up to the vet Friday morning.  Turns out she has something called Hemorrhalgic Gastroenteritis (HGE).  Long diagnosis short - her gut is inflammed from an overload of bad bacteria, which causes internal bleeding.

She spent the night at the Vet hospital, on IV fluids, getting antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea meds.  I think I will be able to bring her home this morning.  She may be on a "recovery" diet of white rice, boiled chicken and cottage cheese for a few days.

I just want her home & well.  We miss her terribly, especially Ami.

No comments:

Post a Comment