What follows here are just my thoughts and words. No fact checking, no spell checking, no promises of great insight or good grammar. Just me dumping the words in my head to words on the screen. Bear with me... sometimes it's a bumpy ride.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Geckos Are Our Friends....

... and we have them everywhere.  They eat bugs (yay!!).  They chirp charmingly.  With their little sucker-like fingers & toes they travel horizontally, vertically, sideways, upside down, every direction there is.  And I've seen them jump from the deck railing out onto a plant.  It's kind of a slow motion Rocky-like flight (as in Rocky & Bullwinkle, not "Yo, Adrienne").  And they are amazing colors.

Michael even has a gecko buddy who hangs out in his office with him.  He comes up on the top of the futon and sits there contentedly for hours at a time, overseeing Michael's daily work. 

Then one day... I saw this side-walker on the lanai'i.  Definitely not a gecko.  Something from Gulliver's Travels' version of the island in Lost...
Sure, he may look like your run-of-the-mill lizard thing here.  But I'm telling you... his locomotion was very disturbing.  He hitched and giddy-upped in a sideways, zombie-like step & drag.  Creepy.
The question is - are Side-Walkers our friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment